Tuesday, July 9, 2013

OK/OL-002 Keprník + OK/OL-011 Smrk

8.7.2013
Keprník





After one month and never-ending celebrations of an anniversary I'm back.
"Activating of two different ten-point summits in two different mountain range during 8,5 hours."
It was not as hard as it sounds. But it's true that my legs are painful "enough" for damn twenty points ;).
It could have been forty (like the anniversary) but other two summits hadn't been good enough for me - they have small prominience and also there were a lot of people, too hot sun and so on ...
During ascent on OL-002 I recorded nice voice of yellowhammer (more on www.stranadi.cz) - not only Morse codes could be nice.


Start 8:40 CEST Ramzová railway stop - the highest placed express stop in Czech
(QTH departure 6:30)

reaching the top: 10:42 CEST
WX: fog, 20°C - clear 25°C


Portable is set in deep, dense and wet scrub pine (moreover I’m sitting between deers' sh...)
But I'm not disturbed by surrounding crowds.

Antenna wire is not stretched but only thrown on neighbouring bushes - the receiving reports correspond to these conditions.

first CQ 11:08 CEST
first QSO 11:13  (OK1YR)
last QSO (16th) 11.28 (2 S2S QSO)
Šerák


13.30 back on Ramzová railway stop - train is just leaving - well, time to go on next summit.


14:15 I underestimated my water supplies. Ascent is more slower and slower.
14:30 last drops of water are gone, if I will not reach the top to 15:00 I will have to turn back to last train.

14:48 the top








first CQ 14:58
first QSO 15.05
flies are crawling on me, thirsty mosquitoes want to suck my blood
last QSO (10th) 15:12 (one f... mosquito stabbed my back)

short detour
to "Brousek" wellspring and right after "laufschritt" to train.

16:55 Ramzová, pub, one kofola (czech cola), I was afraid to order beer on empty stomach

17:22 train is leaving

No comments:

Post a Comment