Sunday, February 26, 2012

SOTA Jerab OK/PA-002 - 2012


25th Feb 2012 - Last weekends weren't suitable for SOTA activation - heavy frost, my illness and even rain. Therefore approximately one month after my last activation I'm siting on train and going up.
It will be without winter bonus but it doesn't matter ...                                
a short movie inside 






train stop Dolni Orlice
09:19 local time
yesterday it was raining, but today looks like better;
the route is the same as last year
09:50 -PA-002 is in horizont;
ice covers of the road, after 500m it will be on full surface, wonderful "skating"
10:45 - below the source of  the river Ticha Orlice;
I use snowshoes but snow is too deep on free terrain, therefore I'm walking on crosscountry ski trail very carefully.






10:55 - I have to turn left to the steep hill, there it isn't  modified by snowmobile , only  single ski track one week old.
At the beginning I'll flounder to the knee and my poles to handles.
12:08 - the portable on the top;
temperature around 0°C,
strong gusty wind,
I'll be able to work 23 minutes and 27 qso's (the wet in shoes)
14:13 Monastery The Mountain of Mother of God - I walk past during the descent to Kraliky;
14:50 - Kraliky train station - the end of walk




sotawatch listing
Sat 11:24OK1TGI/P on OK/PA-0027.031,8 cw
corr call ,also in frq ok1xvz hi (Posted by OM7PY)
OM7PY wrote that on the same frq OK1XVZ was. I'm very sorry, I gave QRL? twice at least, but I didn't hear any "QRL" answer.




No comments:

Post a Comment